We Love Our Community
Each year, we are privileged to have several hundred community volunteers brighten the health care experience of our patients, visitors and team members by providing 100,000 hours of service in our hospitals and community outreach efforts. If you are interested in volunteering.
Volunteer opportunities are available throughout ThedaCare, including the hospitals, Regional Cancer Center, Encircle Health and with each of our hospice programs. Please contact the volunteer specialist in your community to learn more about current volunteer roles.
Becoming a Volunteer
Volunteer Expectations & Requirements
Please review the following volunteer requirements. There are a few things you should consider before completing your application:
- Minimum 18 years old
- Commit to serving a minimum of 3-4 hours each week or every other week on an ongoing basis
- We do NOT offer temporary volunteer opportunities such as mandated community service, Christmas break and one-time only opportunities. We also do not provide shadowing opportunities.
- Complete application and orientation process
- Complete health check, receive an annual flu shot (if serving during flu season) and receive a COVID vaccination
- Comply with annual trainings
To ensure our patients’ well-being and help you have the best possible volunteer experience, ThedaCare requires that all volunteers complete the following steps to become a volunteer:
Download Application form
Download the appropriate application form for the location you wish to volunteer. Complete the application in its entirety and save your changes
If you prefer to submit a paper application, please mail completed forms to your location of interest. Addresses can be found on the application.
Submit Completed Application Form Online
Attach completed application here and submit the online form to complete the process. All fields are required.
What to Expect Next
You will be contacted after we receive your application, check your references, and run your criminal and health care background check. We will proceed as follows:
- Interview with Volunteer Services – Discover your areas of interest and possible assignments
- Meet with a ThedaCare health nurse for a health check
- A TB test will be given at the health screening appointment
- Orientation and position-specific training
- Congrats! As a new volunteer, you will become an integral part of the patient experience!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact your local program specialist.
We will contact you to set up an interview and help you through the process. Thank you for considering ThedaCare!