Inspired Past; Healthier Future
ThedaCare is excited to continue to progress on the $100 million modernization project underway at ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah. The Inspired Past; Healthier Future project will transform health care for all those living in the region and allow ThedaCare to continue its commitment to keeping care local.
Since the groundbreaking in spring 2022, construction crews have been working on multiple areas of the transformation. The project supports our mission of improving the health and well-being of the communities we serve. The modernization will allow us to enhance and expand services.
As the modernization work continues at ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah, patients and community members can access the updated ED space by entering Door #4.
Project Scope and Progress
- Phase 1 of emergency department. The new space includes a designated ED entrance, spacious waiting room, eight additional emergency care rooms and three triage rooms.
- Phase 2 of emergency department. The completed space will feature 20 exams rooms, including specialized rooms for trauma and behavioral health. It will offer the latest technology, equipment and space to provide patients with the best care experience.
- Relocation of ThedaStar Air Medical Program Helipad adjacent to the ED entrance, allowing patients to be rapidly transferred for Trauma Services once they arrive.
- Modern physical therapy and occupational therapy suite.
- New Women’s Center, which includes mammography, diagnostics and imaging, and bone density testing.
- Modern cardiac catheterization laboratory and special procedure suite that’s integrated into the surgery department. This area includes diagnostic imaging equipment and technology used in care for cardiovascular and stroke conditions.
- Redesigned inpatient behavioral health space that will improve and expand access to care.
- “Main Street” area on the first floor. It will include key diagnostic outpatient services.
- New dining area on the main floor for the convenience of visitors and team members.
- Updated Family Birth Center that will allow families to welcome little ones into the world in a modern, comfortable and soothing environment.
- Obstetric emergency department that will provide specialized care to expectant mothers experiencing pregnancy-related medical emergencies.
- Enhanced specialized space to care for stroke patients as the region’s only Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Expected Completion Date
The full modernization is expected to be complete in early 2024.
Generous Community Support
The modernization project at ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah is funded in part through donors who support the ThedaCare Foundation-Neenah.
The foundation worked with generous donors within the community to raise more than $15 million in philanthropic support. In addition, the foundation released $25 million from existing assets to provide a total of $40 million in support of the project.