We’re Here for You
You are not alone if you or someone you love is nearing end of life circumstances. ThedaCare Hospice Care will help care for you and your family’s physical, spiritual and emotional well-being, during an often difficult time.
Quality of life is important and patients are encouraged to live their lives fully and joyfully as long as they can. Our hospice team will:
- Ease symptoms—pain, nausea and breathing issues
- Provide medication and supplies
- Offer massage and pet therapy to relax patients and boost mood
- Care for your emotional and spiritual needs
- Offer respite care to provide breaks for family caregivers
ThedaCare At Home hospice is recognized as “best-in-class” for patients and families by the Joint Commission Accreditation for Hospice Organizations.
Our comprehensive, nonprofit hospice program is designed to bring comfort, dignity, emotional support and hope to those facing a life-limiting illness. We work as partners with patients, families,community care facilities and physicians to ensure all aspects of the patient’s end-of life healthcare needs are being met.
When we provide hospice care in a facility, we work with the care facility staff to establish a collaborative plan of care. Our hospice team collaborates with the facility staff, complementing overall skills and expertise to meet the unique needs of the patient and their family. The goal is to form a comprehensive team that can address any concern.
Why Choose ThedaCare Hospice?
Our skilled nurses are specifically trained to manage the pain and symptoms that often accompany end-of-life care. ThedaCare Hospice ensures outstanding patient care and safety through:
- Medicare certification and accreditation by The Joint Commission
- A common electronic medical record system throughout ThedaCare hospitals and clinics, allowing for seamless communication and care between care teams
- Incredible volunteers who share the gifts of presence, time and friendship with patients and their families
- Enrichment programs to recognize patient accomplishments and offer additional support
- Membership with the We Honor Veterans program, offered through the National Hospice and Palliative Care Program
- Funding garnered through the philanthropic support of our communities
- Our nonprofit status, which allows us to return the dollars made within our health system back to the patients and communities we serve
- The selfless service of our employees, who record thousands of community volunteer time every year
Comprehensive Hospice Services
- Involve your primary physician every step of the way
- Focus on pain and other symptom management
- Help to overcome anxieties related to life-limiting illness
- Provide emotional, spiritual, and social support to the patient and their family
- Offer specially trained staff dedicated to enhancing quality of life
- Offer short-term, inpatient respite care
- Offer many different types of comfort cares such as massage and pet therapy
- Include volunteer support
- Offer bereavement support to the family for one year after the loss of their loved one
Hospice Programs with a Personal Touch
The ThedaCare Family of Foundations is dedicated to providing patients and their loved ones with programs that bring dignity and comfort at the end-of-life. With the help of generous donors giving individual gifts or donations through memorials or planned gifts, we are able to provide exceptional care at a critical time.
Specially trained dogs provide comfort to hospice patients through physical and emotional companionship. Pet therapy has been shown to increase pain tolerance, reduce stress and anxiety, and bring a smile to a patient’s face.
With the support of licensed Massage Therapists, this program helps patients relieve emotional distress, anxiety, physical discomfort, pain and nausea through touch and comfort.
Who Pays for Hospice Care?
- Hospice is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance.
- Coverage includes hospice-related medication, supplies and equipment required to manage the patient’s life-limiting illness.
- We will research your specific benefit coverage prior to admission to hospice.
- Support may be available from the ThedaCare Family of Foundations if financial needs arise.
How to Start Hospice Services
To receive more information about our hospice program and/or make a referral, contact ThedaCare At Home Hospice at (800) 984-5554.
For optimal comfort, patients and families are supported in their own homes whenever possible. For those times when it is not possible for end-of-life care to be provided at home, hospice care at Cherry Meadows offers a peaceful and serene setting for those that are in need of quality and compassionate end-of-life care.
Cherry Meadows is a freestanding, inpatient hospice facility, featuring:
- Ten private rooms and shared living areas
- 24-hour, hospice-trained staffing
- Short-term inpatient care for pain management
- Respite care to temporarily relieve family caregivers
Cherry Meadows is staffed with registration nurses 24 hours per day. The nurses are part of the hospice team including doctors, social workers, chaplains, volunteers, nursing assistants and bereavement counselors that provide emotional, physical, social and spiritual support for the patient and family.