Improving the health of the communities we serve with the help of our employees and volunteers
We all play a part in making our community a healthier, stronger place. ThedaCare helps improve the communities we serve with the help of employees who volunteer out in the region and also with the community members who take time to volunteer in one of our facilities.
2017 ThedaCare team member volunteer contributions
- 1,067 ThedaCare team members recorded 66,795 hours of volunteer time for 480 nonprofit organizations.
- Volunteer hours translate to $1,612,431 of labor donated to our community by ThedaCare employees.
Community members throughout Northeast and Central Wisconsin volunteer at ThedaCare locations. Their efforts help patients and their families, fund equipment and projects, and award scholarships. Here are some examples from a few of our locations:
- In Appleton (including Encircle and ThedaCare Cancer Care), over 300 volunteers donated 33,956 hours of service to 38 services or departments. The Volunteer Board, using proceeds from the Gift Shop and Soleil Coffee Shop, directed $20,000 to the gifting program, which supports hospital projects such as AEDs for two entrances and simulators for Advanced Cardiac Life Support training.
- In Neenah, 28 departments or services received volunteer help from 275 volunteers. Last year, they donated 28,662 hours of service in roles that varied from driving a courtesy van to knitting baby caps.
- ThedaCare in Waupaca has 125 volunteers with 50 working in the hospital every month. Other volunteers run fundraising programs to fund different programs at ThedaCare Waupaca.
- ThedaCare in New London has 61 active volunteers, seven support and three knitters. In 2017 the auxiliary volunteered a total of 4921 hours in areas including the patient registration, surgery waiting, craft room and the gift shop.
- And volunteers make important contributions at our Berlin, Shawano and Wild Rose locations.