Snow skiing and snowboarding can be another fun way to stay active in the winter months. These activities can potentially lead to injuries so it is important to follow all safety recommendations.
- Always wear a helmet.
- Never ski or snowboard alone.
- Make sure the slope matches the ability of the skier or snowboarder.
- Avoid crowded slopes.
- Avoid skiing or snowboarding in areas with tress or other obstacles.
- Use the proper equipment. The equipment should fit and the bindings should be adjusted correctly. Eye goggles should be used. Consider wrist guards for snowboarders.
- Children should be taught to ski or snowboard by a qualified instructor in a program designed for kids.
- Have fun skiing and I hope you enjoy your time out on the slopes.