ThedaCare is marking the next phase of completion in the $100M investment to modernize ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah.
On December 1, the ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah Retail Pharmacy opened at the hospital campus. The location features onsite services as well as curbside pick-up. Pharmacy services are available to patients, community members and ThedaCare team members.
Through the end of 2023, hours of operation will be Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. The pharmacy will be closed daily from 12:30–1:00 p.m., as well as major holidays.
In January 2024, the pharmacy will expand hours, to be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Patients and community members will have the opportunity to pick up a new prescription or refill existing medications in a convenient setting at the hospital campus.
“To help simplify and advance the communities’ care experience, we are excited to expand pharmacy services at the hospital,” said Lynn Detterman, Senior Vice President of ThedaCare South Region. “This addition of services allows ThedaCare to fulfill the promises to be proactive partners in health by putting patients and families first, making health care easier and delivering quality, affordable care.”
The new on-site pharmacy provides patients with necessary medications and/or a wound care kit at discharge. This eliminates the need to stop on the way home to pick-up prescriptions and care supplies, and allows patients to focus on transitioning back into their home to recover. The pharmacy will also be delivering medications to the bedside when patients are discharging from the hospital.
Studies have shown patients with appropriate medication possession before leaving the hospital have better health outcomes and decreased readmissions.
“Through this on-site location, we will provide easy access to medications right at discharge, and we will even walk them to a patient’s room,” said Joshua Prostek, Director of Retail Pharmacy and the ThedaCare 340B Program. “By enhancing pharmacy services, we are creating better access for our patients and community members to save time and improve their health and well-being.”
Simplifying the Patient Experience: Pharmacy Services and Delivery Options
Whether it is a team member, patient, community member or visitor from out of town, anyone will be able to utilize the ThedaCare pharmacy services, which include:
- Compounding – Combining, mixing, or altering ingredients to create a medication tailored to the needs of an individual patient.
- Compliance Packaging – Strategically organizing multiple medications in one package to help patients adhere to their medication regimen, including taking the right prescriptions at the right time.
- Medication Synchronization – Coordinating refills to enable patients to pick-up multiple medications on the same date in one visit to the pharmacy.
- Automatic Refill Program – Ensures patients have their medications when they need them.
- Over-the-Counter medicines offered at a reduced cost
- Innovative Payment Options – Including direct billing if a patient does not have a form of payment on them at the time of pick-up or requests financial assistance, and team member payroll deductions.
- Financial Assistance through the 340B Drug Pricing Program.
- Epic MyThedaCare/MyChart Integration – Includes a messaging platform to alert patients when their medications need to be refilled, are ready for pick-up, or are out for delivery. Patients can also select their form of delivery, view prescription costs and send a message to their provider with questions or concerns.
Caregivers also can view the patient’s financial responsibility to proactively address any barriers prior to the patient leaving the hospital. If a patient has financial limitations, there is an option for assistance through the 340B drug pricing program.
To make the prescription process even easier, patients will also have numerous delivery options to choose from, including:
- Free 1 to 3-day home delivery via USPS with real-time tracking and delivery updates.*
- Same day home delivery within a 12-mile radius of our Appleton and Neenah hospitals. Delivery fees apply. *
- Bedside Delivery, also known as “Meds to Beds”, where patients’ medications are delivered right to the bedside prior to discharge from the hospital.
- Curbside Pick-Up where patients select a time to have medications delivered right to their vehicle parked in a designated spot.
*Delivery is available for eligible prescription drug orders with qualifying prescription benefit programs and insurance plans.
“By growing our pharmacy infrastructure, we are confident the program will meet patients where they live, and provide meaningful solutions to manage their medications,” Prostek said.
“We will continually look for ways to enrich our services and evaluate all opportunities to support our patients and communities.”
The next areas of focus for the Modernization of ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah include:
- Continued construction of “Main Street”, where key diagnostic outpatient services will be located on the first floor of the hospital to ensure easier patient access.
- Design of a new dining area on the main floor for the convenience of visitors and team members.
Enhancements to better the patient experience through the Modernization Project at ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah were funded in part through donors who support the ThedaCare Foundation-Neenah. The Foundation worked with generous donors within the community to raise more than $15M of philanthropic support. In addition, the Foundation released $25M from existing assets to provide a total of $40M in support of this Modernization Project.
The full modernization is expected to be complete in early 2024.
For more than 110 years, ThedaCare® has been committed to improving the health and well-being of the communities it serves in Northeast and Central Wisconsin. The organization delivers care to more than 650,000 residents in 17 counties and employs approximately 7,000 providers and team members. ThedaCare has 180 points of care, including eight hospitals. As an organization committed to being a leader in Population Health, team members are dedicated to empowering people to live their unique, best lives. ThedaCare also partners with communities to understand needs, finding solutions together, and encouraging health awareness and action. ThedaCare is the first in Wisconsin to be a Mayo Clinic Care Network Member, giving specialists the ability to consult with Mayo Clinic experts about a patient’s care. ThedaCare is proud to partner with Children’s Wisconsin and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network to enhance convenient access to the most advanced levels of specialty care. ThedaCare is a not-for-profit health system with a level II trauma center, comprehensive cancer treatment, stroke and cardiac programs, as well as primary care.
For more information, visit thedacare.org or follow ThedaCare on social media. Members of the media should call Cassandra Wallace, Public and Media Relations Consultant at 920.442.0328 or the ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah switchboard at 920.729.3100 and ask for the marketing person on call.