For nearly three years, ThedaCare has implemented and adjusted several safety measures to protect our patients, team members and communities from potential exposure to COVID-19 when visiting our facilities. ThedaCare is now in a position to discontinue mandatory masking at all sites beginning Monday, April 24, 2023. Those who wish to continue masking are welcome to do so.
Masking would continue to be required during some situations, including:
- Patients, visitors and team members who may have respiratory illness, or symptoms similar to COVID-19 or Influenza.
- Patients, visitors and team members who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
- Patients, visitors and team members who work or live in an area that is experiencing a COVID-19 outbreak.
- Team members who care for patients who have respiratory symptoms, illness or COVID.
- Patients, visitors and team members at long-term care facilities or skilled-nursing facilities if the facility is currently experiencing a COVID-19 outbreak.
We will continue to monitor and adapt to guidelines as necessary to protect our patients, team members and visitors. As we mark this promising milestone, ThedaCare would like to thank patients, families and community members for their support throughout the pandemic.