Nationally Recognized Surgery at ThedaCare
When you choose ThedaCare Bariatrics, you’ll be working with a renowned team. ThedaCare Bariatrics has established itself as a nationwide leader for the quality of its program. ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Neenah is recognized as a Comprehensive Center by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. It also earned the Blue Distinction designation from BlueCross BlueShield Association and has been recognized as a Bariatric Center of Excellence by Optum Health.
Proven Results from Weight Loss Surgery
On average, people will lose a total of 125 to 150 pounds within one year or later after bariatric surgery. Nearly 75% of patients keep their significant weight loss after five years.
Other outcomes within 24 months after surgery include:
- 98% resolution from type 2 diabetes
- 99% resolution from acid reflux
- 95% resolution from sleep apnea
- 92% resolution from high blood pressure
Hear from the Experts
Watch our overview video to hear our expert care team members answer common questions, discuss what to expect from our program, explain our weight loss solutions, and go over benefits and risks of weight loss surgery. After you watch the video, please proceed to filling out the form if you’re interested in learning more about weight loss surgery. Our care team will contact your insurance company about coverage and reach out to you with next steps.
It’s your time
It’s time to stop wondering about next steps and start moving toward a healthier life. It’s simple to get started.
- Check out our overview video from the experts at ThedaCare. They answer common questions, discuss what to expect, and help you to understand your options.
- Complete our online contact form. We will check your insurance for weight loss surgery benefits and preoperative requirements. Then, we will follow up with you.
- Create a MyThedaCare account. This allows you to connect with our team, see test results, schedule appointments, and complete important questionnaires to prepare you for surgery.
- Meet with our team. We will contact you to set up a time to meet with you to discuss the right care option based on your needs.
About Weight Loss Surgery
The ThedaCare Bariatrics program has established itself as a nationwide leader in weight loss surgery. When you choose the program, you’ll be working with a team of experienced experts.
People might consider weight loss surgery for many reasons. Whether you want more energy to play with your kids, you wish to become more active, or you are simply ready to enjoy an overall healthier life, we are here to help. Bariatric weight loss surgery can make a difference in all aspects of your life, and our caring team of experts is ready to help.
Weight Loss Surgery is an option for:
- People with a BMI 35 or over and another significant health risk factor — such as type 2 diabetes of sleep apnea
- People with a BMI of 40 or over
You may qualify for more than one type of surgery. We are here to help you understand your options.
Types of Surgery
ThedaCare offers two types of surgery. Both are performed robotically. This leads to better clinical outcomes including fewer complications, shorter hospital stays and less pain.
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass: Our most common and successful surgery, this procedure restricts the size of the stomach by partially bypassing the small intestine. It provides the fastest and most complete loss of excess weight.
Gastric Sleeve Resection: Sometimes a better choice for people with significant medical problems, this procedure removes approximately two-thirds of the stomach. It also allows for future procedures if a patient regains weight.
Conditions We Treat
Our program treats obesity, which is the result of a high weight-to-height ratio, or body mass index (BMI). Being categorized as “morbidly obese” means you meet one of the following definitions:
- You have BMI of 40 or higher, and you are at least 100 pounds overweight, OR
- You have a BMI of 35 or higher with significant associated medical conditions, such as high blood pressure, diabetes or sleep apnea
Why Obesity Is Dangerous
Unfortunately, excess weight is not the only effect of this disease. Patients suffering from obesity are also likely to experience one or more of the following conditions:
- Sleep apnea
- Fertility problems
- Back and joint problems
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
These multiple health problems decrease your quality of life and can be fatal.
Our doctors, nurses, navigators, care managers and patient champions will guide you before, during and after your treatment. You will also have access to lifestyle classes, dietitians, exercise experts, behavioral health specialists, support groups and more. You have taken the time to invest in your health — and we are here to help you succeed along the way.