Why does ThedaCare Medical Center-New London Endowment Fund provide grants?
The ThedaCare Medical Center-New London is dedicated to supporting and enhancing healthcare outreach, education, patient care, rehabilitation, and wellness services that contribute to a better quality of life for citizens in the Wolf River region, including New London, Clintonville, Manawa, Hortonville Marion, Weyauwega, Shiocton, Fremont and Embarrass.
Who May Apply?
Any non-profit organization or individuals, as defined by the Internal Revenue Service, whose purpose and mission
and/or proposed project is consistent with using funds for education, collaboration projects and/or professional
development, academics, or training (e.g. scholarships or conferences).
Criteria – Programs funded must:
- Supports mission and values of ThedaCare
- Benefits communities served by ThedaCare Medical Center-new London
- Benefits a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization
- Directly addresses a community heal need as prioritized through ThedaCare’s Community Health Assessment
- Political organizations or campaign committees
- Religious organizations (for religious purposes)
- Organizations or requests with potential conflict of ThedaCare’s mission , vision and purpose
Grant requests should:
- Be in keeping with the mission and vision of ThedaCare Medical Center-New London.
- Serve an identified/proven health need in the Wolf River region communities.
- Avoid duplication of services by involving collaborative efforts with other community providers/organizations.
- Have a justifiable cost with defined measurable outcomes.
- Funding will be prioritized base on the Community Health Needs Assessment.
As an example, 2016-2019 Priorities:
- Mental Health/ AODA
- Access to mental health and AODA services
- Suicide prevention
- Heroin/prescription drug awareness
- Physical activity
- Early Childhood
- Integration of clinic/patient and Community Health
- Community Service navigator
- End-of-life support
- Crosscutting priorities of:
- Health disparity