Many people have pain, strains and sprains that happen because of recent physical activity or a mishap. Others have longer-term chronic pain or other twinges that occasionally flare up, and they’re never sure if it’s going to be a good or bad day.
The Orthopedic Walk-In Clinic at the new ThedaCare Medical Center-Orthopedic, Spine and Pain is designed for all people with muscle, joint and bone pain. It’s an accessible way to learn about the source of your discomfort and the immediate steps you can take toward relief and healing.
Convenient Orthopedic Care
No appointment is necessary, but you can reserve a time slot prior to your arrival.
- Log in to your MyThedaCare account, then click Menu/Find Urgent Care/ThedaCare Orthopedics Walk-In Care
- Go to ThedaCare.org then choose Get Care Now/Urgent Care/ThedaCare Orthopedics/Save My Spot
It’s designed for anyone (adults and children 12 months and older) with a bone or muscle injury, work injury, pain, swollen joint, sprain/strain, back pain, fracture, or dislocation. You don’t need to be a ThedaCare patient to receive care.
Please note, however, that we do not see people with post-surgical concerns, cuts/lacerations, or concussions at our walk-in clinic.
When people come directly into our walk-in clinic for orthopedics, they are taking straightforward steps toward solving their pain problems. Here are three aspects that I think are great about our clinic:
- All your care is in one spot. For example, a person who arrives with a swollen knee might get X-rays or other imagery taken, speak with a non-operative sports medicine provider or other specialist, and even receive the appropriate aspiration or injection, if recommended. Gone are the days of needing an appointment with your primary care provider, only to be referred for images before setting a third appointment with a specialist — and maybe even a fourth for a treatment or procedure.
- Our focus on efficiency saves you time and money and provides peace of mind. It’s equivalent to a traditional sport medicine visit — but right away. We put a lot of thought into how to empower people to get the help they need, when they need it, so they can get back to living their unique, best lives. Our orthopedic walk-in clinic is designed for your physical and emotional well-being.
- We help people who tend to overthink things — people who procrastinate, hope their pain goes away on its own, or aren’t sure they need a doctor. If this sounds like you, we are your people. The day you wake up and say, “Today is the day I get some help,” we’ll be here for you. It’s as simple as that.