By Joshua M. Prostek, PharmD, Director of ThedaCare Retail Pharmacy
In pharmacy circles, the word “compliance” relates to how closely a person follows his or her medication instructions.
We know that people might have trouble with:
- Remembering to consistently take meds on time and in the correct dose
- Getting refills before a medication runs out
- Picking up prescriptions due to work/family schedules or transportation options
Medication compliance plays a big part in how a person recovers from illness or injury and manages a chronic health condition like diabetes or high blood pressure. Following a safe, consistent medication routine is important to avoiding hospital stays — and simply feeling better so you can enjoy what matters most to you.
As of June 1, 2022, ThedaCare has opened full-service retail ThedaCare Pharmacies at four of our hospitals. It’s part of our commitment to helping the people we serve to lead healthier, happier lives. Our first four full-service pharmacies are located within:
- ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca
- ThedaCare Medical Center-Orthopedic, Spine and Pain
Good Things for Your Better Health:
ThedaCare Pharmacy can deliver the prescriptions you will need at home while you are in the hospital and preparing for discharge. No more running around town to fill your meds, especially when all you want to do is go home and rest.
- Meds-to-Beds is good for you. Research shows that patients who leave a hospital with their prescriptions in-hand are more likely to take their medications as directed and avoid being readmitted to the hospital.
ThedaCare Pharmacy can organize your medications into easy-to-open bubble packs. They are labeled by date and time of day, so you’ll always know if you’ve taken your meds, and they will be safely packaged in your precise prescribed dosage. No more plastic pill sorters!
Organized, Simplified Refills
If you take multiple prescriptions (or just one), you know what it’s like to run to the pharmacy every month for refills that come due on different days. That’s why we’ve designed a set of services that improve your health and simplify your life:
- You can request that all your prescriptions be transferred to ThedaCare Pharmacy. Simply call us, and we will ask a few questions and take care of the rest — including requesting transfers from your other pharmacies.
- Refill requests are easy. Request a refill on our automated system, call and speak with a pharmacy team member, refill your medications using MyThedaCare, or have your prescriptions refilled automatically (if eligible).
- We can review your complete list of meds and synchronize your refill dates so they all fall on the same date each month, all in accordance with your doctors’ orders and insurance coverage. You will save time and energy.
- We deliver. Prescriptions can be mailed in three days or less via USPS; same-day delivery is available via MedSpeed courier; and curbside pickup is available at our locations without a drive-thru. Please note: Delivery is available for eligible prescription drug orders with qualifying prescription benefit programs and insurance plans.
ThedaCare pharmacies carry a wide selection of over-the-counter medicines. We also offer immunizations and prescription compounding to meet specific needs, like when a person cannot tolerate a commercially available drug dosage or formulation, is allergic to an ingredient, cannot swallow pills, or would benefit from flavoring. Contact us, and we will be happy to help.
ThedaCare Pharmacy at ThedaCare Regional Medical Center-Appleton
- 1818 N. Meade St. in Appleton
- Located on the main floor between the emergency department and the cafeteria
- Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. (closed from 12:30-1 p.m.) and Sat./Sun. 9
ThedaCare Pharmacy at ThedaCare Medical Center-Shawano
- 100 County Road B in Shawano
- Located on the main floor across from the clinic
- Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. (closed from 12:30-1 p.m.)
ThedaCare Pharmacy at ThedaCare Medical Center-Waupaca
- 800 Riverside Drive in Waupaca
- Located on the main floor just past the registration area
- Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (closed from 12:30-1:00 p.m.)
ThedaCare Pharmacy at ThedaCare Medical Center-Orthopedic, Spine and Pain
(Opening Summer 2022)